These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure you understand them, before ordering any Products from our sites. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from our sites.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 6 (“Our Right To Vary these Terms”). Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. These Terms were most recently updated on 8 December 2016.
- We operate the site. We are Rooftop Group International Pte. Ltd, a company registered in Singapore under company number 201401604E and with our registered office at 4 Shenton Way, #28-03 Singapore Centre 2, Singapore 068807 (“Rooftop”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
- You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at [TELEPHONE NUMBER] or by writing to us at [EMAIL].
- If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
- These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the entire agreement between you and us and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between us, whether written or oral, relating to their subject matter.
- You acknowledge that in entering into this Contract you do not rely on any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Terms or any document expressly referred to in them.
- You and we agree that neither of us shall have any claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in this Contract.
- Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
- Where you have incorrectly submitted an order, please contact us as per clause 1.2.
- After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 5.4.
- We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Products have been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
- If we are unable to supply you with a Product for any reason we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
- We amend these Terms from time to time. Please look at the top of this page to see when these Terms were last updated.
- Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at the time of your order will apply to the Contract between you and us.
- We may revise these Terms as they apply to your order from time to time, or suspend our supply of Products to you, under the following circumstances:
- to deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; or
- updates or other improvements to the Products.
- If we have to revise these Terms as they apply to your order, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel the Contract if you are not happy with the changes. You may cancel either in respect of all the affected Products or just the Products you have yet to receive. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will arrange a full refund of the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
- Please note that Products may vary slightly from the images used on our sites, which are for illustrative purposes only. Different devices / browsers display colours differently, and so the colour of the Products you order may vary slightly from the images you see on the screen, although we have made every effort to ensure that colours display accurately.
- The packaging of our Products may vary from packaging shown in images on our sites.
- We will contact you with an estimated delivery date. Occasionally our delivery to you may be affected by an Event Outside Our Control. See clause 16 (“Events Outside Our Control”) for our responsibilities when this happens. To give you an indication, we will aim to have your Products ship in 28 business days, however periods of high demand can affect our shipping times.
- Delivery shall be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us (or you, or a carrier organised by you, collect them from us) and you will become responsible for Products at the time of that delivery.
- If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the Products cannot be posted through your letterbox, we may leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the Products from a local depot.
- If you do not collect the Products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the Contract in respect of those Products in which case we may deduct reasonable compensation from any monies refunded to you for the net costs we will incur as a result.
- If you order Products from our sites and require delivery to any international delivery destinations offered through our sites, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount.
- You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined or in which they are used. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law.
- The prices of the Products will be as quoted on our sites at the time you submit your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However please see clause 9.5 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of Product(s) you have ordered.
- Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but such changes will not affect any order you have already placed.
- The price of a Product excludes VAT and sales or other taxes (unless otherwise indicated) at the applicable current rate chargeable for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
- The price of a Product does not include any applicable delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as advised to you during the check-out process, before you confirm your order.
- It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the Products on our sites may be incorrectly priced. If the Product's correct price is higher than the price stated on our sites, we will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. However, if we mistakenly accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may cancel supply of the Product and refund you any sums you have paid.
- You can pay for Products using certain debit or credit cards or online payment provides such as Paypal as indicated on our sites. Please note that you are responsible for paying any currency exchange, or other payment charges.
- Payment for Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance. We will not dispatch any goods until we have received your payment in full.
- Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 14;
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 11.2;
- If you have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 11.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods.
- Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to;
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 30 days; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
- How long do I have to change my mind? You have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods.
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Phone or email. Call customer services on [TELEPHONE] or email us at [EMAIL]. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- Online. Follow instructions on our website here [LINK].
- By post. Write to us including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
- Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must either return the goods in person to where you bought them, post them back to us at [4 Shenton Way, #28-03 Singapore Centre 2, Singapore 068807] or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. Please call customer services on [TELEPHONE] or email us at [EMAIIL] for a return label or to arrange collection. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
- When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
- if the products are faulty or misdescribed;
- if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
- What we charge for collection. If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection.
- How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then, if we have not offered to collect the Products, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the Product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us.
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 30 days of us reminding you that payment is due; or
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us.
- You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 13.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for Products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
- We may withdraw the product. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. We will let you know at least 7 days in advance of our stopping the supply of the product and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided.
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team at [TELEPHONE] or write to us at [EMAIL]; [4 Shenton Way, #28-03 Singapore Centre 2, Singapore 068807].
- Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the product. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
● up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
● up to six months: if your goods can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
● up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
See also Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013).
- Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must either post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please call customer services on [TELEPHONE] or email us at [EMAIL] for a return label or to arrange collection.
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this Contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the Contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the Products including the right to receive Products which are: as described and match information we provided to you and any sample or model seen or examined by you; of satisfactory quality; fit for any particular purpose made known to us; supplied with reasonable skill and care; and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. If you use the Products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Subject to clauses 15.1 and 15.2, our total liability to you in respect of all losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the price of the Products.
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in clause 16.2.
- An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our supply of Products to you, we will arrange a new supply date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- You may cancel a Contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel please contact us. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will refund the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- A Contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to consider an alternative dispute resolution provider. In addition, please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.
- Subject to mandatory consumer protections in your country, we both agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a Contract or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims). If you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland you may also bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in your local courts.